If your Prime video is not working on Roku, it does not mean that you have reached the end of the road. There are ways out if you simply follow some troubleshooting guidelines and you can just as easily slip right back to watching your favorite show on one of the biggest and most popular OTT platforms worldwide.
Amazon Prime is a premier streaming service which allows you to watch great content including movies, TV shows, docu-series and much more, on a host of devices like your smartphone, TV, tablet, laptop, etc. Moreover, like various other popular platforms, it is also available for seamless HD viewing on your Roku device if you know how to activate and watch Amazon Prime Video. However, there have been reports by Roku users that suggest that either Amazon Prime won’t load on Roku or, if it does, their Prime video not working on Roku as soon as they try to play a movie or show.
There could be several possible reasons behind why your Roku Amazon Prime not working. These may include-
- A faulty or no internet connection
- Concerns with your Amazon Prime account
- An overall issue with the Roku device
Apart from these, you may also come across times when the channel just stops working at whim and you find that your Prime video won’t load on Roku, or maybe your Roku device itself requires the latest firmware update.
There are several causes, both simple and more complex ones, why your Prime Video won’t load on Roku. So, when trying to resolve the concern, you can start from the simplest and work your way to the more complicated.
If your Prime video won’t load on Roku, the first step is to check on your internet connectivity.
- Check if your internet connection is working on other devices in your household like your laptop, mobile phones, etc.
- Test other apps on your Roku device to check if they are working fine on the same internet connection
- Run a speed test
- If internet is slow, you have to get your service provider to improve your internet speed
- Once you establish the fact that the internet is working fine on other devices, disconnect and reconnect Roku from/to your TV
- If you are facing an app or system errors, you may restart or reset your Roku device to get the app running again
- If other Roku channels are having trouble loading, your Roku device may have got cut off from the internet
- Check if your Roku device has an IP address from the Roku menu
- If not, connect your Roku to your Wi-Fi network
- Your Amazon Prime should be up and running now if your Wi-Fi is connected to the internet.
This simple step can do wonders when it comes to clearing bugs and getting your device back on track. Here are the steps.
- Use your Roku remote and press the “Home” button on it. This will take you to the homepage
- Go to “Settings Menu” > “System”
- Once you are on the next page, select “System Restart” > “Restart.”
- Restarting process will be completed in a few minutes. Wait until then
You may be using an outdated version on Amazon Prime video and the easiest solution is to enable the auto-update option. You may also do a manual update of the app to its latest version and restart Roku. However, if the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall Amazon Prime Video. Here are the steps-
- Go to “Settings” page and look for the menu
- Click on the “Application Menu” > “Amazon Prime Video”
- Then open “App Settings” and uninstall
- Go to Roku store and reinstall the app
Check on the validity of your Amazon Prime account/subscription. Besides that, ensure not too many users are using your account at the same time as, this creates an error. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall Amazon Prime channel. Here are the steps:
- On your Roku remote press, the “Home” button
- Highlight Amazon Prime and press “*” on the remote
- Select “Remove device” and restart Roku
- Go to “Home Screen” > “Streaming Channels”
- Select “Search Channels” > “Find Prime Video Channel”
- Now include the channel to your list
Update the firmware by following the below steps-
- From your Roku remote, press “Home”
- Next go to “Settings Menu” > System option
- Once you get the list, click on “System Update” > “Check Now”
- Select “Install” and then reboot your device
As you are well aware as a Roku user, that Roku has its very own application store from where you can get all the applications you need for downloading or installing on your device. However, apart from there, you also install certain third-party applications directly on your TV from your Roku store. This sometimes wreaks havoc with your internet connection.
Besides, it is a fact that Amazon Prime video does not does not back VPN because they hide your IP address and prevent you from accessing content on Amazon Prime.
Ensure there is no third-party app or VPN that is active on your Roku device.
With the help of these steps you can easily fix your concerns if your Prime Video won’t load on Roku and enjoy the vast content on Amazon Prime Video, which you can easily avail with the help of Amazon Prime Video download solution to download Amazon Prime movies.
However, you can only hope to enjoy your favorite movies on Prime Video if there is no interruption in streaming. Yes, there are occasions when you may encounter one of several Amazon Prime error codes that seriously mar your watch rhythm and completely waters down the interest. But the good news is that you can easily fix them by following a few simple steps. Learn about the top list of Amazon Prime error messages/codes and their solution 2021.
You can now easily view your favorite movies, TV shows and series from Amazon Prime Video offline with the help of the Fixpal Amazon Prime Video downloader and KeepStreams Amazon Prime Video downloader. These are two state of the art and user friendly software that come chock full of features and advantages.
Watch your favorite movies and shows from Amazon Prime Video content library with the FlixPal Amazon downloader, a very modern and sophisticated downloading software. It is highly efficient and allows you to download and watch your shows on just about any device at any time. You also get to enjoy uninterrupted, high quality video downloading at excellent downloading speed.
• Video can be saved in full HD quality 1080p
• Ad free
• The software supports all Prime Video regional sites for download
• Subtitles can be saved as external SRT files
• Features batch download mode
• Allows you to transfer downloaded content to MP4 file
• High speed download with GPU acceleration
Advantages of FlixPal Amazon Prime Video downloader
• Download quality is extremely high
• Completely ad free
• Allows downloading content in bulk that saves time and improves efficiency
• You can watch your shows on any device
• It is region-free and you can download Prime Video content from sites including US, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, etc.
• Gives you a high downloading speed
Go to VIP Services and select Amazon Prime
Select the video that you want to download
Select Download Now
KeepStreams gves you the option to save movies, TVs and Originals from the vast array of the Amazon Prime content library. Moreover, this downloading software opens doors to a host of other premium and advanced features that meet your requirements especially if you have time constraints to stream your video and also by giving extremely high speed downloading speed. You can now download shows from other regional Prime Video sites like Germany, France, Japan, etc., apart from the United States.
• Provides support for regional sites
• Built-in browser
• Features High speed batch downloading of Amazon Prime movies and series
• High Speed downloading in MP4 format
• Video manager
Advantages of KeepStreams Amazon Prime Video Downloader
• You can enjoy Amazon Prime Video content from multiple countries
• High quality and high speed downloading
• Ad free
• You can transfer movies to different devices
• Meta data gets saved with the downloaded video
Go to VIP services and select Amazon Prime
Locate the video that you intend to download
Select Download now
If your Prime Video won’t load on Roku, the reasons could be myriad. Whether you are not able to log into your Amazon Prime account, your Amazon Prime app won’t launch on Roku or you are unable to load the Amazon Prime videos, there are ways to troubleshoot these concerns. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps and you can go right back to binging on that intriguing thriller series or watching your favorite movie.