WATCHA is a monthly video subscription service for movie lovers.
In this article, we will show you how to record and download movies from WATCHA.
WATCHA is a monthly video subscription service for movie lovers.
WATCHA selects movies based on data evaluated by movie lovers. From popular classics to films that even movie buffs don't know much about, WATCHA delivers movies selected by movie buffs.
WATCHA analyzes the 600 million film rating data collected from around the world and recommends films that match each individual's tastes. You will have a chance to discover films that you were not aware of. WATCHA also displays the ratings of the films you want to watch as predicted ratings, which helps you decide what to watch. In addition, it is possible to select films based on the reasons for recommendation and reviews written by other users.
The app can be linked to WATCHA PEDIA, a movie review application, which is used by about 6.2 million people. By rating films, the accuracy of the recommendation function can be improved, providing a better viewing experience.
In fact, WATCHA offers an official download function. If you are looking to save on communication costs or watch when there is no Internet connection, we recommend that you try the official WATCHA download function first. Let's take a look at how to use the download function together.
By the way, only the WATCHA application can use the download function.
- Launch the WATCHA application, log in to your account, and select your favorite works. Go to the detailed page of the selected work and tap the "Download icon" to download the WATCHA video.
- During downloading, "in progress" will be displayed, and the progress can be monitored by the circle gauge on the stop icon.
- Wait for a while, and when "Download Complete" is displayed, your method of downloading WATCHA videos is complete.
If you always watch WATCHA videos offline, you may find the official download function inconvenient. Indeed, there are many limitations when using the official WATCHA download function to watch videos. The specifics are summarized below.
You will have to download the video from the WATCHA official download function.
Restrictions on downloading and watching WATCHA
- The download function is only available on the official application.
- When you switch to Akown, the works already downloaded to your device will be deleted and become invisible.
- If there is no internet connection, you can watch downloaded movies within 48 hours from the last start of viewing; if more than 48 hours have passed and the download is still within the expiration date, you can renew the offline viewing time limit when you resume internet connection.
- Downloaded movies cannot be viewed on a different device.
- Up to two devices can be downloaded per account.
- Android os 8.0 and earlier are not supported for downloading.
- Some videos may not be downloadable depending on the work.
You can download the video files from the following website.
Anyway, it is not possible to download as a freely manipulatable video file like MP4. The reason is that DRM (Digital Rights Protection Technology) is applied to prevent unauthorized copying of videos. The duration of viewing, number of downloads, and other details can be restricted. Although DRM is a very good video specification in terms of copyright protection, it causes various inconveniences when it comes to actual use.
If you want to save WATCHA videos on your PC or other device as freely manipulable video files, you will need a specialized tool.
WATCHA is a monthly subscription video viewing site, and since the videos are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected, they cannot be watched even if they can be downloaded without modification. Therefore, to download and watch WATCHA videos, you will need to "remove DRM" or capture them using "screen recording.
Here, we would like to recommend a tool that can reliably download (record) WATCHA videos.
WATCHA is a monthly subscription video viewing site, and since DRM (Digital Rights Management) is applied to the distributed videos, you cannot watch them even if you can download them as they are, but in this article, we will introduce the application Y2mate, which allows you to download WATCHA ( However, this article introduces the application Y2mate, which allows unlimited downloading of WATCHA videos.
Y2mate WATCHA Downloader is a "WATCHA dedicated downloader" that allows you to download content distributed within WATCHA. In addition, downloaders for other video viewing sites are also available for sale, so you can have the advantage of being able to download other content by making additional purchases later.
- Constantly updated, so there is little chance of not being able to download content from WATCHA.
- Downloading from other video viewing sites is possible by paying a fee.
- Downloading multiple videos at once in 1080p is possible.
- Metadata of video content can also be downloaded.
- Supported OS: Windows and Mac
1. install Y2mate downloader by clicking on the download button that corresponds to your OS.
2. after downloading the data, click "Quick Install" to start installation. 3.
After installation is complete, click "Start Now" to launch the downloader for Y2mate and WATCHA. 4.
4. convert the software to Japanese, as it may be written in English. First, open "Settings" from the symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. 5.
5. when the settings window opens, click "General" in the upper left corner of the screen and select Japanese from "Language".
6) After completing the settings, access "WATCHA" with the internal browser. 7) When the browser screen appears, click on the "Browser" button.
7. When the browser screen appears, click "Login" in the upper left corner of the screen to log in. 8.
After logging in, select the desired video from the video keyword search or title field and click on it. 9.
9. When the video page opens, analysis will begin automatically and a window for downloading will open.
10. Select "Download Now" to download immediately or "Add to Queue" to download in batches later.
11. start downloading or add to queue, you will see the following window and wait until the download is complete. (If you are adding to the queue, click "Add to Queue" below)
12. when the download is complete, click "Finish" and confirm that the downloaded video can be played.
What to do if the download fails
There are two possible reasons for download failure: PC error and application error. First, restart Y2mate and try downloading again. If the download still fails, restart your PC and do not use any application other than Y2mate.
DRM stands for Digital Rights Management and is designed to protect the copyright of digital content. It is used as a countermeasure to prevent unauthorized copying and downloading of video content distributed by mainstream video-on-demand (VOD) services.
DRM is based on Google Widevine, Apple fairplay, and Microsoft® Playready, and encrypts data for each format.
Currently, DRM is used in almost all paid-for VOD services, making it impossible to obtain video content through unauthorized copying or downloading.
There are many people who think they can save WATCHA videos on their PC using screen capture or other recording software, but there are few success stories due to DRM. If you use screen recording software to focus on the area of video playback, the resulting video will only record a black screen. The image below is proof.
The surroundings can be recorded, but the playback area cannot, and is completely black.
I tried recording the video myself using various recording software, but in the end, the result is the same for all of them. The software I used specifically includes the following.
- Wondershare DemoCreator
- Wondershare Uniconverter
- EaseUS RecExperters
From the viewpoint of copyright protection, it is important to use DRM, but from the viewer's point of view, we summarize what disadvantages there are.
Methods such as "watching on the big screen" by mirroring video streaming from a smartphone or tablet to a TV are not available. In the past, it was possible to use an HDMI cable to watch the video, but since it has been abused for unauthorized copying and downloading, it is now completely impossible to watch due to DRM. (In some cases, the screen is completely dark and only audio is played.)
In addition to mirroring, screen recording software can only record the video playback area as black.
*Video transfer via HDMI is possible with some VOD services.
The "download function" allows you to enjoy videos offline whenever you want without worrying about the line, but most VOD services have a limited number of downloads and a fixed viewing period. Furthermore, downloading is only available on smartphones and tablets with access to the application, and there is no download function for users watching on TVs or PCs.
It is best to think of the video content download function only as a "communication cost saving" or "enjoy only for now" function.
DRM (Digital Content Protection) is always applied to paid video viewing sites, not just WATCHA. Removing DRM from these digital contents may violate the "prohibition of circumvention of technical protection measures," and in some cases, you may be charged with a crime.
When downloading video content from WATCHA, use Y2mate only for personal use. Please do not spread the downloaded videos on the Internet.
In this article, we have introduced how to download (record) WATCHA videos. Depending on the site's response, there is a possibility that the tools that currently allow you to download videos may not be available in the future.
However, if a tool is constantly being updated, such problems can be minimized. Please try to find a tool that you can use with "peace of mind," rather than choosing between free and paid tools.
Check out the following