Can I watch movies with DISCORD screen sharing?
Speaking of movies, you can stream movies and TV shows without commercials using services like Amazon Prime and Netflix, which have huge libraries.
It's possible to stream movie content through iscord, no problem. It is for personal viewing purposes only, though.
It is possible to watch movies via discord.
You will need to configure your browser, or a content service such as it, to allow discord to stream as a game.
Some browsers may require hardware acceleration to be disabled for it to work.
If one individual is watching, there is no need to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime via discord.
They can be viewed from their respective apps or browsers...
How to Stream Netflix via Discord from a PC
Streaming Netflix via Discord allows you to communicate with friends while watching something together, even if you are far apart. If you are using Discord on a Mac or Windows computer, you will need to do the following:
- Open a web browser and navigate to Netflix Web site and navigate to the Netflix Service.
- At the same time, open Discord and make sure you are connected to the server.
- Click on " Settings" at the bottom of the page to determine the Activity Status to use.
- [Click Add and select the tab in your browser where the streaming service is enabled; once you have selected Netflix, click Add Game.
[When you are finished in Settings, click the screen icon in the lower left corner.
In the Screen Sharing pop -up, select the Browser tab for streaming.
- Adjust the streaming settings.
Click Go Live to start streaming Netflix.
- Then return to Netflix and play the title you wish to share.
An interesting aspect of Discord streaming is that you can stream a movie or TV show, leave the camera on, and show your friends your reactions to what is happening on the screen.
Screen sharing x watching a movie = a violation of the terms of the agreement?
First, let me conclude.
Using screen sharing to share movies and dramas with non-paying members is against Netflix and Prime video's terms of service.
Let's take a quick look at the terms of service for each service.
<Netflix Terms of Service.
Viewing videos through screen sharing by non-paying members constitutes "distribution," "performance," or "use" as defined in these TOS, and is therefore a violation of the TOS.
Therefore, it should be a violation of the Terms of Service for other video distribution services to allow non-paying members to view videos through screen sharing.
In other words, no matter which tool you use for screen sharing (Zoom/Skype/GoogleMeet/Line, etc.), you are not allowed to watch a movie or drama with your friends or loved ones at the same time through screen sharing.
In fact, no one will know if you do this, but the picture and sound quality will obviously be lower than normal viewing, and the playback speed will be slower, making it much harder to watch.
Therefore, if you want to watch movies remotely, you can use the following method for members only^.
As mentioned above, unfortunately, it was not possible to watch movies simultaneously via screen sharing.
However, Netflix has a better solution!
By using the Google extension "Teleparty (Netflix Party)," you can watch videos simultaneously only between members.
It used to be called Netflix Party, but was renamed to Teleparty, because not only NetFlix, but also Hulu and Disney+ can now use this Teleparty to share screens among members.
However, in Japan, only NetFlix is supported so far.
- All members must be Netflix members.
- Use Google chrome.
- Extend the functionality by clicking here ("Add to chrome")
Tereparty How to use the
How to use
- Login to NetFlix or register as a member
- Play the video you want to watch on Netflix
- Click the "NP" icon in the upper right corner of Chrome to create a party.
- Click the "Start the Party" button and a shared link will appear.
- Share the link with people who want to see it (up to 50 people)
- A video will appear in the center and a chat box will appear on the right side.
By using "[Tereparty]", you can stop and play videos at the same time and watch the same video at the same time.
However, "Tereparty" does not allow calls, only chats.
If you want to watch a video while talking to the other person, it is better to use it while talking on LINE, etc.