Do you want to prevent hackers from getting access to your Epic Games account and all of your Fortnite skins and V-Bucks? You've reached the correct location! You may enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Epic Games account by following the instructions (http //fortnite.com/2fa) in this article; the entire procedure shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
What does 2FA, often known as the second factor of authentication, actually mean?
Two-factor authentication, or 2FA for short, is a technique that adds even another layer of protection to the security of online accounts. A user only needs their username and password to successfully log in to their online account in the absence of 2FA. The account holder will need to provide an additional piece of information to prove that they are the rightful account owner after two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled.
The extra piece of information is typically transmitted to the user's phone or email address in the form of a code, but it might also be a response to a secret question, a fingerprint, or an iris scan, among other possible forms.
Why is enabling two-factor authentication for Fortnite necessary?
An online account is given a noticeably increased level of protection against phishing and hacking attempts when two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled. In contrast, two-factor authentication using on-device prompts is said to help "prevent 100% of automated bots, 99% of bulk phishing attacks, and 90% of targeted attacks."
According to Google, two-factor authentication via SMS helps "block 100% of automated bots, 96% of bulk phishing attacks, and 76% of targeted attacks." If you want the finest protection against hackers for your online account, enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) is a no-brainer.
If Fortnite players enable two-factor authentication for their accounts, they will get an extra benefit. Anyone who protects their Epic Games account with two-factor authentication will receive the Boogie Down emote for free. Fortnite: Save the World owners will also receive an extra 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama, 50 Armory Slots, and 10 Backpack Slots for the game. Not bad considering it only takes a few minutes of your time!
To enable Fortnite's 2FA, configure your two-factor authentication (2FA) on Epic Games
How to access your Epic Games account and obtain the free Fortnite emote is given here:
1. Log into your Epic Games account and go to the Account tab.
2. Click on PASSWORD & SECURITY in the section of the website that is toward the left side of the screen.
3. Scroll back up to the top of the page after you have reached the section marked "TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION" and click on one of the toggle switches to choose the 2FA option you want to use.
If you choose to utilize an authenticator app and your mobile device does not already have one installed, you must first download one from the app store before proceeding. The most popular authenticator apps on the market include Google Authenticator, Duo Mobile, and Microsoft Authenticator.
4. Your device's authenticator app will email you a code if you decide to utilize a THIRD-PARTY AUTHENTICATOR APP. You will receive a code through text message if SMS AUTHENTICATION was your authentication method of choice. A code will be sent to you through email if you selected the EMAIL AUTHENTICATION option. On the Epic Games website, enter the code you were given in the relevant form, then click the CONTINUE button.
5. After entering the code, you ought to see a message that closely resembles the one below. Simply press the DONE button.
6. Scroll all the way down again after refreshing the website to make that the login method you selected is active.
You are free to allow various forms of authentication, but if you do so, you must select your top choice by ticking the box next to the statement "Make this my primary Two-Factor authentication method." You will need to select your favorite choice if you decide to enable different authentication methods.
Enable two-factor authentication for Fortnite and make sure that all of your devices are as secure as possible.
Don't overlook the significance of protecting your devices, even when you've enabled two-factor authentication (2FA) and safeguarded your Epic Games account. Use Maximum Security, the best antivirus program made specifically for gaming devices, to accomplish this.
Up to 5 devices can be secured simultaneously when you select Maximum Security. You only need one license to secure both your gaming machine and all of your other electronic devices because it works with Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and ChromeOS.
Want to play games without being disturbed? With Maximum Security's Mute Mode, you won't ever have to worry about being bothered by annoying and pointless antivirus pop-ups again. Turn on the Mute Mode for a continuous and more intense gaming experience.
The procedures for making Fortnite support two-factor authentication
You should put some effort into setting up two-factor authentication (2FA) for your Fortnite account. This will lessen the likelihood of anybody hacking into your account.
You will be qualified to earn a unique emote as payment for your efforts in addition to the fact that doing so will stop any potential scammers from accessing your account. Two-factor authentication (2FA) must also be enabled in order to participate in Fortnite tournaments and win prizes like skins.
The benefits of enabling two-factor authentication in Fortnite are listed below, along with instructions on how to accomplish it.
The video game Fortnite's developer, Epic Games, has provided a thorough tutorial on how to establish two-factor authentication. Below, you'll discover a thorough description of each step:
- Go to the "Account" page by clicking on it.
- You can open the "Password and Security" tab by clicking on it.
- The two-factor authentication method you want to use should be listed under the heading "Two-factor Authentication." Click the checkbox next to it.
- App called Authenticator from a third party: You should download an Authenticator app to use with your Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). You will be required to enter the security code produced by the Authenticator app on your device when you log in.
- SMS authentication: If you choose to use your phone for two-factor authentication (2FA), you will be asked for a security code when you sign in by Epic by SMS message.
- Authenticate emails by turning it on: You must enter a security code that was emailed to you as part of your Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). The security code will be sent to the email address associated with your account in its separate message. You must input it into the relevant area during sign-in.
- If you choose to use an authenticator app for two-factor authentication, you may be able to discover these common authenticator apps in the app store for your mobile device (2FA).
- Make sure Two-Factor Authentication is activated. Check that the authentication method shows as being turned on by reloading the page containing your account information and looking for the blue button that says "On."
Please be aware that if you choose more than one authentication method, you must check the box next to your preferred means of contact that reads, "Make this my primary Two-Factor authentication method." If you choose more than one authentication method, you must do this.
Why you ought to make your Fortnite account two-factor authenticated
For a number of reasons, turning on two-factor authentication in Fortnite is advised. Preventing fraudulent activity on your account is the most crucial one. It is suggested that you employ a multi-step sign-in process if your account has any payment methods connected to it. Unauthorized individuals will find it more challenging to access your account as a result. It will be less likely for your account to be compromised by adding this extra degree of security because fraudulent V-Bucks transactions are, sadly, quite widespread.
Additionally, you must have 2FA enabled if you want to participate in Fortnite Cup competitions. This is done so that you can take part in each event and enjoy the associated rewards. For instance, players that took part in the most recent Obi-Wan Cup were eligible to win the Obi-Wan skin. You could do this if two-factor authentication (2FA) was enabled.
Last but not least, you will be able to give items from the Item Shop if your account has two-factor authentication enabled. Everything you purchase, including skins and V-Bucks, can be given as a gift to a friend.