Apple is like a staple streaming service for all folks be it Apple TV, iTunes, and any other service it offers. However, the service that stands out for Apple shall be Apple Music. Apple Music streaming service has a total of 70 million songs in its database. That’s a long and rather fat list for you to cover. However, you do not have to worry, if your heart wants Apple music but your head is not willing to follow and instruct you to get another Music app subscription like Spotify or Amazon Music, it’s not a big deal. This article has all the info on ‘How to cancel Apple Music?’ covered for you.
Why Cancel Apple Music?
Apple is not that bad at least not bad as many people deem the most marketed mobile brand services to be. And if you have a Verizon subscription you get Apple Music free for up to 6 months. The only thing that can deter you from using Apple Music shall be the price. And let’s face it the cord-cutting services and streamers are all competing to get an excellent price for the product. They will lower the price to ridiculous levels to get a fair price.
Another point to note is Apple Music subscription cancellation works the same way with other services that Apple kindly offers. So, it’s important to know ‘How to cancel Apple subscriptions?’ as it’s the standard procedure and thus answers our other queries regarding the cancellation of Apple Music services.
Before canceling, if the reason why you don’t want the subscription is because of monetary constraints, please do not worry if you are a student. Apple Music student discount applies to all college-going students which provides a discount for at least 48 days. If you don’t want to leave Apple Music don’t worry you are covered.
How To Cancel Apple Music Subscriptions On iOS Devices?
This topic that we will discuss aptly addresses another one of your questions, ‘How to cancel Apple Music on iPhone?’ Let’s face it, the iPhone exists everywhere and people love the iPhone. But since iPhone has the iOS system which is there even in your iPad and iPod touch you can easily cancel your subscription without any hindrance. The process, therefore, becomes similar for other devices that use iOS as well.
How to Cancel Apple Music subscriptions through iPhone settings
- All you need to do first is open the settings gear first.
- Once you are done opening up the gear, now what you can do is tap your name from the list.
- Now select subscriptions from the list of options.
- As you tap on it, a whole list of other apps opens up that you have subscribed to.
- Now all you need to do is, just tap on ‘edit subscription’
- After that, you need to tap on ‘confirm’
- Once you are done confirming no worries your Apple Music subscription has been canceled.
Manage Apple Music subscriptions or cancel on Apple Music app
To cancel Apple Music from the app the process runs through Manage subscriptions. All you need to do is perform some very basic steps to process Apple subscriptions cancel of Music. Just follow the steps.
- Open your Apple Music app.
- On your home screen, you will inevitably see an option called Listen now, tap that.
- Once tapped you will see another option called ‘Manage subscriptions’. You have to tap that option as well.
- In ‘manage subscriptions’ once clicked you will have the option asking for the cancellation.
- Now you shall only confirm.
- And once that is confirmed you can now easily be free of that subscription.
How to cancel Apple Music subscriptions on Android devices?
Android devices also offer the same list of cancellation steps as we have discussed in the Apple Music app. First, you have to open your Apple Music app. Then tap 'listen now'. Then tap Manage subscriptions and then tap confirm. You can do it in the Google Play Store as well, the process shall be the easiest of all but can be a tad bit time-consuming. However, it’s not too much of an issue. Just follow these steps sequentially and make sure to do them in proper order:
- Just open your Play Store app.
- On the top right corner, you will also see three parallel lines which when expanded you will notice the option called ‘subscriptions’. This option is also called the ‘Hamburger option.’
- When that option is expanded just on the side of Apple Music you will find an option with a link given termed ‘Remove’.
- Just make sure to tap that option and your subscription will stand canceled.
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium Membership?
- How Do I Cancel Apple TV Subscription?
- How To Cancel Sling TV Account?
How to cancel Apple Music for iTunes subscriptions
So preferable iTunes being an app and that is available in most platforms barring a few shall not be too hard. All one needs to do is spot the iTunes account and type in the Apple id then proceed to click on Manage and then cancel. These steps have to be performed sequentially and it can also help you to ‘manage subscriptions on iPhone’ provided you perform the process in iTunes.
- The process is very simple, first simply open the iTunes app.
- Then all you need to do is tap on Account at first and then tap on the ‘my account’ function.
- Once that is done, you will be asked to key in your Apple id. Type in the id.
- Once done now you will see all the subscriptions that you have been subscribed to.
- Here the process is simple: go click Manage.
- Once the manage window opens the first thing that you will notice is the list of subscriptions you have that are tagged to your iTunes. It can be any service, just ones that you got connected through iTunes.
- Once that is attained, just click on the edit link which is just at the side of Apple Music.
- A dialog box will appear asking your permission to cancel your Apple Music subscription.
- Here all you need to do is click on ‘confirm’ and then your cancellation will easily get processed without much hassle.
- Your Apple Music subscription from then on is done and dusted.
How to Cancel Apple Music on Mac PC
So, the dynamics of canceling Apple Music have slightly changed and that is for the better. The MacOS is fairly not as easy as other potentates of Apple considering Apple has the Catalina version of Mac which somewhere down the line this version has fairly jettisoned the working aspects of Apple Music. Now the thing is, Apple Music is often a great music streaming app but there are considerable limitations in the app as well just like any other subscription service.
- First, click on the Apple icon.
- And then tap ‘system preferences’.
- Once done you will see your Apple id and click the id.
- Now move to the option called ‘system preferences’.
- Once done all you would require is to click on ‘media & purchases’
- When done, all that remains now is to click on ‘cancel subscription’. And then on an option called Manage.
- Then confirm the cancellation, once done you are free from Apple Music.
Apple Music can burn a hole in your pocket. It can be expensive and let’s face it there are pretty cheap options to avail as well and those options aren’t that bad. In case you want to cancel and shift to another app for your music requirements, this piece has all the required info. Read and learn how to cancel Apple music on different devices.